The purpose of committee is to:
- arrange an inspection of Council owned play areas and make a formal report to the Town Council with any recommendations.
- advise and make recommendations to the Town Council on any matters affecting the Recreation Amenities and Open Spaces.
- recommend to the Town Council appropriate budget provisions for the current and coming financial years for items within the committee’s remit.
- exercise the powers delegated to the committee on behalf of the Town Council.
- approve or comment upon actions taken and reported by the Clerk to the Council on matters under this Committee.
- work with the Settle In Bloom, the Lengthsman and the Clerk to the Council to provide a well-managed and maintained Play areas and Millennium garden area.